Application information for international applicants. Click here! >>>
Application information for Hungarian applicants. Click here! >>>
BSc in Tourism and catering is for you if you…
…are open to the world and are interested in other cultures;
…are interested in travel both personally and professionally;
…want to show the treasures of Hungary to your fellows and international guests;
…would like to get an insight into several academic disciplines such as business and economics, marketing, geography, and would like to learn how to examine issues in their complexity related to tourism;
…can see complex issues, enjoy organising and have got creative ideas as well.
Where you may find a job…
- hotels, head offices of hotel chains and other accommodation;
- catering establishments;
- tour operators and travel agencies;
- national tourism management organisations and the related ministries and bodies;
- local authorities and other tourism related regional or local bodies;
- national parks and other nature conservation organisations;
- conference and event organising businesses and institutions;
- research institutes, consultancy companies, auditing companies;
- transport companies;
- non-tourism specific medium- and large-sized enterprises.
The knowledge and skills acquired will enable you to start up and operate your own business.
Did you know that…
…you can spend your professional practice abroad, for example at one of the Hungarian National Tourist Offices in Paris, London or Milan?
…there are a lot of optional professional programmes to choose from, such as the World Traveller’s Club, photo- or various other professional competitions or a few-day-long field trip?
…you can fulfil some of the requirements of your modules also online?
…we have a British professor on board?
Place of training
Form of financing
State-funded or self-funded
Form of training
For those who started their studies before 2020: 6+1 semesters
For those who begin their studies in 2020 or later: 6+2 semesters
Classification of the degree certificate
Economist specialising in Tourism and Catering
More information about the BSc in Tourism and Catering
Dr. Eszter MADARÁSZ
Pannon Egyetem – Turizmus Intézeti Tanszék
Address: 8200 Veszprém, Egyetem u. 10.
Phone: (88) 624-000/6311
coordinator for marketing
University of Pannonia – Faculty of Business ans Economics – Centre for Communications and International Affairs
Address: H-8200 Veszprém, Egyetem u. 10., A/102
Phone: (88) 624-860