- have studied tourism before but would like to get a deeper insight into tourism as a phenomenon as well as an industry,
- would like to widen your knowledge gained from your previous studies in other academic areas with specific tourism knowledge,
- see challenge in complex problems and bring different interests into common ground,
- wish to follow the international pace and not to lose sight of the national features,
- are interested in complex the tasks, such as destination management or organisation of tasks of the large scale tourism enterprises,
- would like to participate in the drafting of successful project development proposals,
- would like to work in senior management positions in tourism.
- tourism destination management organisations (DMOs),
- national tourism management bodies,
- hotels and hotel chains,
- tour operators, conference organisers,
- environmental protection organisations, national parks,
- cultural institutions, festival organisers,
- sports facilities, organisers of sport events,
- research institutes, consulting firms, tendering business,
- higher educational institutions offering tourism courses.
Furthermore, the obtained knowledge will qualify our graduates to launch and successfully operate their own businesses.
Application without precondition: Those holding a bachelor’s degree in the field of tourism can be accepted to the Master’s programme without precondition.
Application with precondition: Students holding a degree of any level of higher education (BA/BSc, MA/MSc or former college or university programme) need to have at least 60 credit points from their earlier studies completed in certain study fields: 40 credits in business, economics and methodological foundation modules and 20 credits in the area of tourism. Students can be admitted if they have at least 30 credits in the above fields but they will have to complete extra modules to collect the necessary credits during the first year of their MA studies.
TOEFL, IELTS, Attestation of Language Proficiency in case of English language former studies.
Foundation core modules:
Quantitative Methods in Economics, Strategic Management, Economic Policy, Advanced Corporate
Finance, Advanced Tourism Marketing, International Business Communication, Managerial Decisions,
Service Quality Management, E-marketing, Research Methods, Project Planning and Management
Tourism specific modules:
Tourism Policy and Planning, Tourism and Travel Law, Organisation and Management of Integrated
Tourism Businesses, Leisure Management, Transport and Tourism, Business Case Studies in Tourism,
Attraction and Visitor Management, Strategic Regional Marketing
The tuition fee is 1500 EUR/semester
More information about the MA in Tourism Management