Our students took 2nd place in the Global Wellness Summit, Shark Tank 2020 international competition!
The competition received 121 entries from 36 countries, so the silver medal is a huge achievement. Team members: Richárd Bakay, Fruzsina Horváth and Balázs Csatlós. Congratulations from the bottom of our hearts and we are very proud of you!
Thanks to Dr. Judit Sulyok for preparing the team!
University of Pannonia has implemented an innovative, high-tech, unique investment in Veszprém. The main goal of the investment is to make the experience and scientific results gained during the university marketing research widely available to its corporate partners, thus expanding the service portfolio of the institution.
As a result, a Marketing Focus Laboratory equipped with an eye-tracking camera was established, which was inaugurated at the same time as the start of the 2020/21 academic year.
Dr. András Gelencsér Rector of the University of Pannonia, Dr. Beáta Fehérvölgyi, Dean of Faculty of Business and Economics, Dr. Zoltán Birkner, President of the National Research, Development and Innovation Office, and Dr. Zoltán Veres, Head of the Department of Marketing, also spoke at the opening ceremony.
The design of the Marketing Focus Lab is suitable for conducting surveys based on the orders of corporate partners, thus helping the work of product developers and the exploration of customer satisfaction. In the focus laboratory, it is possible to test products, explore the emotional background related to services, and learn more about consumer preferences.
The facility will fill a gap in the region. Its on-demand services can be a potential benefit for business partners, government organizations, other educational institutions, or any user facing a corporate or consumer decision.
Please note that the University of Pannonia will conduct all official communication through the NEPTUN system. For smooth operation, please make sure that the email address entered in NEPTUN is the one you are checking in a regular basis.
Students who are not staying at their permanent or temporary address for the remainder of the semester are kindly requested to keep their notification address up to date on NEPTUN (within 72 hours). Our goal is to seek government assistance to overcome the difficulties in those regions where distance education is not possible.
If you have not done is thus far, please activate your central directory account at https://start.uni-pannon.hu, as this ID will provide you access to university systems in the future.
Our lecturers will notify you in what form distance education will take place in the case of their courses, as soon as possible. It is expected that the online courses will be taught through the following educational system, so we encourage you to try:
We recommend and support Skype for secondary group activities. After activating your account with your university email address at start.uni-pannon.hu, you can join by creating a Microsoft account.
Lecturers may use additional systems that are specific to the course, in this case they will provide additional information.
Please note that the “Special Needs Student Application” in the NEPTUN System is still open!
If you have an infrastructural problem with distance education (e.g. no broadband internet connection at notification address and/or lack of equipment necessary for distance education), please contact us (email@example.com, (88) 624-000/6245).
It is in our common interest to complete the current semester successfully, therefore we count on your cooperative attitude as well. Please help us disseminating official information to your fellow students as much as you can.
Rector and Chancellor’s joint information circular No. 2/2020. (III.12.)
- The rector and chancellor of the University of Pannonia hereby inform the citizens of the University of Pannonia with respect to the state of emergency announced by the Hungarian government on March 11th 2020:
- Students of the University of Pannonia are not allowed to visit the reading-rooms of the Central Library and Archives (CLA-Veszprém) and of the Georgikon Library and Archives (GLA-Keszthely) starting from March 12th 2020 for an indefinite period of time. To facilitate learning, borrowing books is still allowed but students are advised to contact the library in writing in advance so that the borrowing procedure should be as smooth and swift as possible.
- Employees of the University are allowed to visit and use the services of the library during the shutdown period.
- The loan period of books that would expire after March 12th 2020 will be extended until June 30th
- Students participating in dual study programmes are allowed to accomplish their external pratical training in case their workplace does not prohibit this.
- Student ID’s validated with a 2019/2020 1st semester sticker will be accepted by transportation services after March 31st 2020 up to 15 days after the termination of the state of emergency caused by the virus outbreak.
- Personal office routines concerning study matters are temporarily The Neptun system is continuously fully operational. Our Directorate of Academic Affairs is available for all students for office routines via telephone and on line.
March 12th 2020. Veszprém
Dr. András Gelencsér
Rector and Chancellor’s joint decree No. 1/2020. (III.11.)
The rector and chancellor of the University of Pannonia hereby issue the following decree with respect to the state of emergency announced by the Hungarian government on March 11th 2020:
- We order a special break for teaching activities for the days of Thursday and Saturday, March 12-14th 2020.
- We order a special spring break between March 16-21th. We call our students not to travel abroad during this spring break if possible but they are to stay at their places of residence.
- Students are not permitted on campus starting from March 12th 2020 until the withdrawal of the current order.
- Student with a Hungarian citizenship are to leave the dormitories not later than 16:00 o’clock on Friday, March 13th 2020.
- International students are permitted to continuously stay in the dormitories.
- In the upcoming days, the leadership of the university will determine under what circumstances and in what forms teaching is permitted to commence starting from March 23rd 2020.
- All faculty and staff of the university are to continue their work on campus.
- Starting from today, no event on the university campuses regardless of the number of participants will be permitted to take place until further notice, all previously issued permits for any events are hereby withdrawn.
March 11th 2020, Veszprém
Dr. András Gelencsér
The Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Pannonia (from hereon it: The Faculty) offers Student Research Scholarship within the framework of the project EFOP-3.6.2-16-2017-00017 “Sustainable, intelligent and inclusive regional and city models”.
PhD, MA and BA students of the Faculty of Business and Economics are eligible to apply, in four research topics.
BA, MA and PhD students can apply for the following sub-projects:
II.2. Aspects of the quality of life by the Lake Balaton as a living space
- ” (sub-project leader: Dr. Ágnes Raffay)
Scholarship period: 1st February 2020 – 31st October 2020 (a shorter period is possible)
Applicants agree to regular attendance and active participation in the operative work of the research sub-project.
Applications are evaluated on the following basis, with each criterion equally weighted:
- academic performance
- past and/or current scientific and community activities
- interview to assess motivation
Documents to be submitted:
- Filled in and signed application form
- Motivational letter, including a detailed description of the interest in the research area
- Demonstration and proof of scientific activities (if relevant)
- Recommendation letter, proving scientific and community activities (if relevant)
Amount of scholarship students can apply for:
- PhD students: 50.000 Ft/month
- BA and MA students: 30.000 Ft/month
Applications must be uploaded onto Moodle until 24:00 20th January, 2020.
For further information about the project please contact the project professional leader Dr Márta Judit Sulyok via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The applications submitted by the deadline will be evaluated by the Professional Team by the 24th January 2020.
Applicant will be notified about the decisions by e-mail.
The Nagykanizsa Campus of the University of Pannonia, the Foundation for Higher Education in Kanizsa, the Police Science Council, the Hungarian Association of Police Science, the Working Committee of the Regional Committee of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Geography of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and the Hungarian Tourism Agency organize an international scientific conference as IV. INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE ON TOURISM AND SECURITY.
Date: 3 (Tuesday) December 2019, 9.30 am
Location: Hotel Karos SPA++++ superior, 1. Alma street, Zalakaros 8749
The aim of the conference is to make the most recent domestic and international results in tourism, security and tourism security accessible to the expert audience and provide an opportunity to connect professionals and researchers working in the industry. The purpose of the event is to facilitate the acquisition of publishing and presentations for young researchers and PhD students. We kindly invite the representatives of the government sector, the staff of the higher education institutions, all the colleagues and experts interested in the topic.
More information available here>>>
Autumn 2019, the University of Pannonia hosts the Wine Week study tour with the participation of Italian and Hungarian university students, lecturers and professionals involved in wine tourism.
The five day programme includes lectures and field visits focusing on wine and gastronomy tour-ism in Veszprém and in the surroundings
The official language of the Wine Week is English, participants receive a certification after it.
How to apply?
– Motivation letter
Short personal interview after the application.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 15TH SEPTEMBER, 2019.
Send your application to & for more information contact: Judit SULYOK, email@example.com, Room A112
Falling Walls is a unique international platform for leaders from the worlds of science, business, politics, the arts and society. It was initiated on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin wall. In this year the foundation organizes an English-language science and innovation competition in Budapest for the second time. The participants has an opportunity to show their innovative ideas in just 3 minutes, showcasing a breakthrough that creates a positive impact on science and society. The best performers can be part of the Falling Walls Lab Finals and the Falling Walls Conference in Berlin, which will be funded by the Falling Walls Lab Foundation and home organizers.
Who can apply:
They welcome applications from undergraduate, graduate, PhD students, postdoctors, young professionals, entrepreneurs and professors who:
– are currently undergoing BSc or MSc, or
– since their BA degree, no more than 10 years have passed, or
– has been in the MSc degree for over 7 years, or
– Their PhD degree has been acquired in the last 5 years.
Application deadline is 15.08.2019. You can apply here>>>
The public finals of the competition will be at the Semmelweis University – Basic Medical Science Center – Budapest (H-1094), Tűzoltó street 37-43.
The competition is organized by the Falling Walls Foundation under the joint organization of the Budapest Semmelweis University, the Hungarian Academy of Sciences and DAAD Hungary.
More information available here>>>