In 2016, UNWTO will continue the PhD Research Programme, successfully started in 2014, which will offer again two PhD students the opportunity to contribute to the UNWTO programme for Sustainable Development of Tourism (SDT). The main aim of this programme is to support research to advance the general knowledge and further broaden ones’ understanding about the importance of sustainable and resilient tourism at the international level.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15th June 2016
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: All applications must include the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae that includes your contact details
- 1-2 page motivation letter
- Linkages between PhD study and UNWTO research
- Academic transcripts
- Letter of support from PhD supervisor
- All applications must be written in English
Applications will only be accepted if completed and according to application requirements. Applications should be submitted via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org 
REFERENCE: PhD Researcher at the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
Important pointers for applicants:
Applicants are kindly requested:
- To clearly indicate “PhD Researcher at the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)” on the motivation letter.
- To avoid sending their application via multiple routes.
- To refrain from contacting the Organization on the status of their application. Applicants who do not receive any feedback within three months of the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful